Fri Mar 31 19:00:52 2017 UTC
A Warm NuTyX Welcome To All
NuTyX is a complete GNU/Linux distribution with high flexibility, thanks to the collection concept.
It is based on the excellent Linux From Scratch books LFS and BLFS.
We recommend that potential users first acquire some knowledge about the GNU/Linux system.
It's an excellent operating system for persons who want to commit themselves in developing their skills further and learn how a Linux system is put together.
NuTyX offers the GNOME, MATE, LXDE, KDE5 and XFCE in binary form.
Details instructions are available online
NuTyX use it's own package manager named CARDS.
It is up to you to decide whether to use the ports system to compile and install your own source packages or to be content with the binary packages that are natively integrated into the system.
The 10 benefits of NuTyX
- You can install NuTyX from almost any other distribution, thanks to the BASH script named install-nutyx.
This can be downloaded, study it carefully to see what it will do, then launch it from the host distribution.
Briefly, the script will check for all the necessary tools, then start the download of a minimal set of packages and finally install them in the location you specified.
Details and explanations can be found here.
- The hierarchical ports collection system provides maximum flexibility in managing software.
Each collection is divided into a mandatory and an extra part.
- A very simple method called porting allows you to download a recipe from our repositories.
This recipe is very similar to the scripts used in CRUX, and is usually less than 10 lines long. It can also determine and apply all needed Dependencies.
- It has the ability, once installed in a folder, to produce a personalized installable ISO version of NuTyX.
The new live version can also be re-installed on other machines, should you so desire.
- It allows you to install a complete base binary package or a selection of individual base binaries packages.
For example: devel, man, doc and lib.
- It has no need of a separate HDD or partition.
The NuTyX installer creates a virtual environment and therefore is able to install/re-install without formatting the target disk or partition.
- It has unique installation coding, that prevents the NuTyX installer from FORMATTING the target partition.
This means that NuTyX can be installed on a partition containing data: (for example) personal files and various non-system folders.
- It has a very powerful, yet simple command which allows you to revert to the base system and completely change the graphical user interface (for example from KDE to XFCE).
This makes it unnecessary to reinstall or download every package again.
The already downloaded packages will be simply be reinstalled automatically if still uptodate.
- It has a totally unique package manager made of expandable modules.
It has no dependencies except glibc.
One of its strong points is the ability to discover binary (run-time)
- It has the ability to compile all the packages
properly per level in a dedicated chroot environment. After compilation, all the
are again checked to make sure no broken links are found.
The NuTyX team wish you a very warm welcome on the IRC channel irc.freenode.org.
You can also follow us either on
on twitter or